SCH Minor Requirements
Effective communication skills are essential prerequisites for success in today’s world at both the personal and professional level. Therefore, the minor in communication studies provides an interdisciplinary forum for the study of communication and the opportunity for students to add a necessary tool within their educational program.
The minor in communication studies requires the following:
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher for admission
- A total of 18 credit hours
- Two of the three core courses (COM1000, SPC2608, SPC2300)
- A minimum of nine credit hours at the 3000 level or higher with the prefixes SPC or COM from within the Center (no more than 3 credits of SPC4905-Independent Study.) The final three credits may come from any level SPC or COM course within the Center. SPC 2594 – Intercollegiate Forensics or RTV 3405 – Television and American Society may substitute for a 3000 level course.
- All coursework must be passed with a grade of C or better (no S/U option).
- Please note that SPC3605 and SPC4680, offered through the English Department, do not count toward an SCH minor.